Royal Charter Celebrations - Page 3
The Village Stocks
A commemorative set of stocks erected May 27th 1967 to mark the fact that on 28 May 1267 King Henry III granted to Simone De Arden the right to hold a weekly market.
These were commissioned by the committee who organised the 700th Anniversary Celebrations
Bernard Mellor, Joiner and undertaker built the stocks. He worked from the old Church Institute.
Stocks Agreement May 1967
Stocks Unveiling - Pictures From 1967
Photographs Taken by Local Historian Malcolm Burrows
With Thanks to Malcolm and His Family and to Grant Shaw of Ilkeston History Society