A temporary church building was erected and dedicated on September 26th, 1959 by the Lord Bishop of Derby.
It was provided by the National Coal Board for use until the new church was built. The old and present church organ and font ( the old font is now outside the present church) were moved into there. The temporary church was situated at the top of Cow Flat, the field at the end of Church Lane.
Once the new church was built the temporary church was removed. It is a shame the building was removed as it would have been a fantastic village hall.
Demolition Of The Old Church