The Following Two Photographs Kindly Loaned By Brenda Parker
Norman Frosts (Felix buses) first Charabanc
The First New Yeates Bodied Dennis Lancet Mk III
The first new Yeates bodied Dennis Lancet Mk III LNU 36 arrived in July 1947 and is seen heading up the trio of company vehicles ahead of BRA 86 and an unknown Bedford on Wharncliffe Road, Ilkeston. This location was used primarily on Saturdays to allow the market place (and usual termination point) to be used by stallholders. However this shot appears too quiet for this and could be a Sunday excursion.
The same vehicle after a complete new body had been fitted in 1956 to the new style of ‘full fronted’. The work was carried out by Yeates and shows the Riviera FC35F design obscured only slightly by long term driver, Basil Flint. Final disposal took place in 1965 after eighteen years service.
Farewell to Felix from The Stanleys Magazine of February 2012