Notes From Parish Magazines
The price of the magazine is increased, first time since 1966, to 5p (3p for Senior Citizens) There would be a new inset called The Sign for items of general and local interest.
- Annie Elizabeth Appleby, aged 89 years. Markeaton Crematorium December 6th 1971
- Hannah Bridges, aged 86 years, after a Service at the Methodist Church, High lane West, January 3rd
- Annie Lodge, aged 85 years, January 6th
Alan Frederick James
We were deeply saddened by the tragic death of Alan James on June 20th , and all who know him and his family are truly sorry for the terrible shock this must have been for Fred and Daisy James. Both of them, together with Alan’s brother and siater, Richard and Linda, will be much in or thoughts and prayers during these following weeks.
- Richard Clifford to Judith Ann Martin, June 17th
- Elizabeth Beale, aged 78 years, June 8th
- Joseph Beale, aged 89 years, June 23rd
- Alan Frederick James, aged 25 years, June 23rd
- Ernest Beardsley, age 78 years, June 30th
- Wayne, son of Brian and June Turner, August 13th
- Oliver Gee, Aged 77 years, September 22nd
Notes From Parish Magazines
- Ethel Irene Hawley Aged 67 years January 30th
- Ernest Henry Hobson Aged 77 years, February 20th
On Thursday, February 15th, 1973, in his 77th year, passed peacefully away. He had been ill for quite some time. Ernest had served Holy Trinity, Mapperley, for the whole of his life. He will be missed by both church and community. He had worked as a miner all his life until retirement. I, with many of his other mates, knew him in this capacity.
Throughout their life together, Ernest and Dorothy have been devoted to one another. Their family, whom they love so much, has been a tower of strength to them in these dark days.
Our thoughts and prayers will be with Dorothy and family.
Mrs Janet East retired as Mapperley School Caretaker after 26 years. She retired from the position as School Meals Supervisor last year after 25 years service.
Congratulations to Bob Richardson and Margaret Straw on the announcement of their forthcoming marriage.
Congratulations and good wishes to Bob Richardson and Margaret Straw on their wedding at Mapperley church on the afternoon of August 5th. Wishing them much happiness and every success in their new life together in Canada.
Mrs L Glover
The death occurred recently of Mrs Lois Glover, mother of Dennis Glover of Mapperley Farm, Mapperley.
Mrs Glover lived with her son and his family in Mapperley for three years, but previously had connections with Mapperley going much further back.
Around the years 1910 -1912 she was a frequent visitor to Mapperley Colliery, where her sister and brother-in-law, Mr & Mrs Gotheridge were then living. Mr Gotheridge was engineer at the colliery. Their daughter Hilda attended Mapperley School with Mrs Flo Cook of The Limes, Mapperley, who still remembers her. During her visits to Mapperley Mrs Glover often attended services in the old church.
Magazine Plans 1974
Due to rising costs the magazine would be printed on cheaper paper, duplicated and not printed and the concessionary rate would be discontinued. Advertising charges will be increased. The magazine will increase to 6p
Disclaimer - Copyright
- Is this page correct? Something wrong or missing?
Please let me know.
Also contributions very welcome